What is it effective for?
It is reported to possess antiaging, disease prevention, and life strengthening activities which hold enormous influence in disease burden and affordability/availability of healthcare in the world
Meanwhile, based on recent studies was concluded that Boerhavia diffusa possesses potential therapeutic properties against COVID-19.
Benefits highlighted by several research in scientific journal
What is Boerhaavia diffusa
Boerhaavia diffusa (Family Nyctinaceae) is a tropical plant that has been used in Ayurveda under the name of 'Punarnava' for jaundice, dyspepsia, and menstrual cramps. It is a creeping weed and readily grows in the Indian region,and it is usually eaten as a vegetable (West Bengal Tribes, Assam state of India)
Boerhaavia diffusa in detail
Rotenoids, Flavonoids, Xanthones, Purine Nucleoside, Lignans, And Steroids.
Mexico, America, Africa, Asia, Indian Ocean Islands, Pacific Islands and Australia
Peer Review Journal Reference
1. Mishra S, Aeri V, Gaur PK, Jachak SM. Phytochemical, therapeutic, and ethnopharmacological overview for a traditionally important herb: Boerhavia diffusa Linn. Biomed Res Int. 2014;2014:808302. doi: 10.1155/2014/808302. Epub 2014 May 14. PMID: 24949473; PMCID: PMC4053255.
2. Sreeja S, Sreeja S. An in vitro study on antiproliferative and antiestrogenic effects of Boerhaavia diffusa L. extracts. J Ethnopharmacol. (2009)
3. Babita Agrawal, Sunanda Das and Archana Pandey Boerhaavia diffusa Linn.: A Review on its Phytochemical and Pharmacological Profile Asian Journal of Applied Sciences Year: 2011 | Volume: 4 | Issue: 7 | Page No.: 663-684 DOI: 10.3923/ajaps.2011.663.684
4. .Awasthi, L.P.; Verma, H.N. Boerhaavia diffusa A wild herb with potent biological and antimicrobial properties (2006) Asian Agri-History (India) ISSN : 0971-7730
5. Pandey R, Maurya R, Singh G, Sathiamoorthy B, Naik S. Immunosuppressive properties of flavonoids isolated from Boerhaavia diffusa Linn. Int Immunopharmacol. 2005 Mar;5(3):541-53. doi: 10.1016/j.intimp.2004.11.001. PMID: 15683850
6. Patil KS, Bhalsing SR. Ethnomedicinal uses, phytochemistry and pharmacological properties of the genus Boerhavia. J Ethnopharmacol. 2016 Apr 22;182:200-20. doi: 10.1016/j.jep.2016.01.042. Epub 2016 Feb 2. PMID: 26844923.
7. Pari L, Amarnath Satheesh M. Antidiabetic activity of Boerhaavia diffusa L.: effect on hepatic key enzymes in experimental diabetes. J Ethnopharmacol. 2004 Mar;91(1):109-13. doi: 10.1016/j.jep.2003.12.013. PMID: 15036478.
Thirteen Natural Ingredients. One Ultimate Formula.
Our product was developed to protect your health. Now discover what we can do for you